Expectations for Artists
Artists: please review these expectations prior to your show at the 'Stand.
- Please communicate to your fans that this is a live recording event, not a house party. The focus is appreciating and recording live music, not getting wasted.
- Come to the Banana Stand ready to record live. Because the 'Stand records live, you only get one take. Be ready to play your best set.
- If a song starts off in an odd way, don't be afraid to shut it down and start over again. It's better to save the track than to record something you're not totally happy with, and the audience usually responds positively to mulligans.
- Bring instruments that are ready to be recorded. We don't have any instruments you can borrow. If your amp or drum set sounds shitty it's going to sound shitty in the recording, and nobody wants that.
- Bring extra drum sticks, guitar strings and anything else that could potentially break during the show. Please double check when loading your van or car that you are bringing all the equipment you need for your performance.
- Play the songs that you think should be documented for posterity, and play them well.
- Play around 50 minutes of music. This way, there is some extra material and, if necessary, we can cut a track and still assure a solid, good-length release.
- Bring out your best friends and fans to your show at the 'Stand. It's an intimate show environment that provides a unique audience experience. Get out your fans, let them know that their crowd noise can be a part of history.
- Please don't trash our place.
- Don't get trashed before you play. Or, at least don't get too trashed.
- Play songs we can release. Avoid cover songs – we don't have recording rights to those works.
- Do not sample, do not sample, do not sample.
- All shows at The Banana Stand are now private and secret. Please do not promote your show here in the traditional (i.e. public) ways. Instead, please invite around 40 fans to the show's private Facebook event. Please contact us for any questions about this.
- Please plan to arrive at the Banana Stand at the load-in time we request.
- Please provide us the full names of all band members and an address, phone number and email address for the main contact for your band prior to your show. All will be needed for your sound recording agreement, and we like to have the agreements ready before you arrive.
- Please review our recording agreements prior to the night of your show. If they can be signed the night of your show it greatly accelerates the production process.
- Underage people aren't allowed to drink here. Please help us ensure that they don't.