About Live from the Banana Stand
We love live records, so we made a bunch. We want people to hear them, so we give them away for free.
Driven by a fascination with Portland indie music and a love of live records, since 2007 we have periodically hosted our favorite bands to record before live audiences at our secret venue, Banana Stand. To date, we’ve hosted more than 100 shows, produced more than 70 records live records and 60 music videos, and featured artists like Radiation City, Modern Kin, And And And, Tango Alpha Tango, and Gaytheist. All live records created as part of the series are available as pay-what-you-want downloads. Many are available in other formats.
Bands featured in the Live from the Banana Stand series receive:
- An opportunity to record before a live audience in a comfortable, intimate environment,
- Excellent live recording, mixing, and mastering by our staff of audio engineers,
- Gorgeous video and photographic content from our visual staff,
- Placement to iTunes, AmazonMP3, Spotify, and other major online services, and
- Short runs of CDs and download cards (these last two courtesy of our friends at CD Baby).
There is no charge to artists or show attendees. Twenty percent of profits from the recordings go to post-production staff, and the remaining profit is split 50/50 between the band and Banana Stand. All of Banana Stand’s profits from Live from the Banana Stand go to support the series and things like it.